Saturday, November 12, 2011

X-Ray Cupcakes


A couple of weeks ago I got a request to make some cupcakes for a friend whose sister is graduating from x-ray technology. I told her I'd do some research and come up with something.

Usually my research starts with google images and this time I really doubted that I would find x-ray cupcakes.

Surprise! I found these, extremely well done, x-ray cupcakes!

Made by Cakeology UK

In order to make them I had to order some food colouring which I prayed would arrive in time and be the right consistency to accomplish the paintings like those in the photo above.

I order a lot of my supplies from Global Sugar Art. They have amazing products and this time it arrived quickly and just in time to make my x-ray cupcakes!

In order to get the paintings done I made the trip to the house of one of my favourite artists, MY DAD! He's got crazy skills and painted these awesome little x-rays.



I am so happy with how they turned out! I've never seen skeletons look so cheery! Dad, thanks so much for your beautiful work on these!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Do you realize your cupcakes have gone viral?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of color did you use? White coloring gel from wilton or something else?

    ReplyDelete